Monday, October 31, 2011

Holiday Tray

It's almost Halloween so I need to move it fast and get this blog and a few others out! I did a few fun little projects over the last week or so, and they were both fast and easy. I found an old, ugly wooden serving tray in the back of one of my cupboards. (Excuse the not so professional photography lately. Broke my camera and am now using my cell phone camera. Not good. Dear Santa...)


The not-so-lovely tray before
I thought it would be fun to make a serving tray that I could re-use for any holiday. First, I spray painted it black, then grabbed a large sheet protector.
The scrapbooking ones for the larger books fit perfectly and I just had to cut about 3 inches off one side and an inch or so off the top. I put a piece of scrapbook paper inside (reversible makes it fun to change it out) and then just stuck a few little spider cut outs inside.

If you just tape them down, you can remove them for the next holiday. I thought they would look great for Thanksgiving also, so I will put the leaves in next week for Thanksgiving.
I also had a white candy dish I had made at Easter (glued a bowl on top of a candle holder). I spray painted it, yet again! This time I did black and put a top coat of glitter spray on top. It looks great on the counter with candy in it.

This little tray re-do is awesome for serving hot chocolate or snacks at a get together. I'm pretty sure I'll be using it somehow over the next 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment